Saturday 26 April 2014

Why your social media feed is clogged up with mums

It's not because they're obsessed with their children.

I need someone to acknowledge I exist. It sucks going to work but at least you can catch an eye over your desk and say, "hey, did you see that thing last night?" or "this project is really annoying me".   
This endless wiping, and tidying and washing and cooking and pleading and conversations about narwhals. I'm losing track of reality.  
Sure, sure, fun too, sometimes, just like those first few drips of water on your forehead can be refreshing.  





I'm here, I exist. Don't I? Please acknowledge that I exist and I am a person.  
I wish I had something more interesting to share with you, I really do, but I've got nothing. Just what's happening today.
I am so tired. 
Here is a picture of my stupid baby.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. See also: why the internet is full of people on the autism spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, OK. The internet generally populated by people who, for whatever reason, find face to face human contact difficult.

      Delete