Thursday 1 May 2014

The Brilliant Spanish

Since I last had a regular blog I've moved out of London and had two children. However, the biggest change in my mentality is a cooling of my crush on the USA and a mental embrace of Spain. It appears I must always construct a magical place in my head, somewhere to enliven everyday reality. If I could only split my time between my home, and this other, everything will be OK. I'm predicting the next one will be Germany.

Anyway.

Spain!

How glorious and confounding!

My favourite thing about Spain is the propensity of its parents to dress their children in sailor suits for special occasions. Now, this does sometimes happen in Britain, generally for birthday parties. The children look like this:


In Spain, there is fierce latin pride in play. They don't dress them up for fun, but for very special occasions like first communions. And if we're playing that game, why act as if this child has been press ganged from a Portsmouth tavern? My child is special. My child is a high ranking officer. And they dress them up like this.


And this:


And this:



Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment